Saturday, April 10, 2010

Southern Hospitality


  Only the depraved and outright disturbed would turn down an invitation to a good, clean party!

Ultimate Blog Party 2010
I ran across this button on a blogger friend's blog, Our Boy And His Cricket, and was immediately intrigued.  A party???  In the blogosphere???  A somewhat perplexing thought, given my blogging history only dates back to January 2010.  
Yes...I'm a greenhorn. ;)

Yet, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Nor can one walk without crawling first.

And my personal favorite, leap before you look. ;)


In deep & drawn-out consideration of this... ...I'm IN!!!
Blog exposure + Blog friends = Blog FUN!

Click on over to my post, Meet Mommy Wemmick, and let's embrace the formalities involved in introductions, and with which us Southerners are so well known fer for!

And once we move through those formalities and get better acquainted...
"Great balls of fire. Don't bother me anymore, and don't call me sugar!"
~Scarlett O'Hara
;) ;) ;)

On a more serious note, and if you have a few spare minutes, I not only welcome, but encourage you to take a tour of my blog.  It's a work-in-progress...kinda like me, so don't expect any frills or lace.  However, it's got heart and soul...mine that is.   And contrary to Miss Scarlett's quote above, I DO pray you will return and share in our lives: for each and every person our heavenly Father crosses our paths with, plays a most tangible and important role in our walk with Him.
May He bless each of you in a most amazing way!     



There are so many cool prizes to be won at this year’s Ultimate Blog Party, but my top three picks would be: 
                                                  
1) OF COURSE the GRAND PRIZE of the Toshiba Satellite L505D-ES5025 is absolutely my 1st pick!!!!!                                                                                                                                                        

2) US39 -Be My Guest certificate ($250 value) for one lucky winner, (2 night stay for a family of four)  at any Hilton Garden Inn provided by Hilton Garden Inn.

 3) US6 – Hand Stamped Personalized Necklace valued at $48 "The Double Stacked A Lot Of Love" provided by Kristen's Custom Creations at http://www.etsy.com/shop/klacustomcreations           

And if my top three picks are already chosen, I’d love any of the following (in order of preference):
US8, US47, US71, US95, US29, US112 or anything else related to being a "Mom"...a Mom of 3 young children ages 6, 4 & 1.5.
       

19 comments:

  1. "I will think about this Tomorrow...Tomorrow is a better day." Did Scarlett say that too...ONE of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Melissa.
    I'm stopping by the via the Blog Party to say hello.
    This is so much fun!

    Have a great Saturday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. オッス! Nice to meet you! :D Just stopping by from the party to say howdy. Love your blog.

    Have a great weekend and happy UBP! :D And hope to see you stop by sometime!!

    さようなら!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melissa! I'm visiting from UBP! Hope you can drop by my Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! So true that a family that "do's together stays together"! We enjoy so many of the same things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Wemmick books by Max Lucado.
    What a great theme for your blog.

    Hope you'll drop by my party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really like the theme of your blog, very original. Happy Blog partying and have a blessed Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am stopping by from the UBP. Hope you are enjoying the fun.

    Please come by and enter my giveaway for a headband set from Sugar Owl Design. Look for it in the sidebar.

    http://sixcherriesontop.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. UBP!! We do have lots in common! My goal this year is to be more adventurous like you!! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by for a visit from the UBP! I want to win that laptop too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to meet you and passing along some southern hospitality as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad to have seen the link to the UBP10 - how fantastic.

    I love your blog - the pictures of your daughter and the Build A Bear are so sweet. And I totally get the butting heads thing - I shudder to think of the teenage years with my daughter!

    Can't wait to read more! Thanks for the visit...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping by from UBP to say hello! Love your kids cutie pie smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! Nice to meet you! I'm stopping by via UBP. I enjoyed reading your blog and will be visiting again soon! Your family is truly beautiful! I became your newest fan -inspired gifts.

    I hope you can stop by our blog: http://inspiredgiftsblog.blogspot.com
    Inspiredgifts.com is a mom owned newly launched site.

    Have a beautiful day
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Visiting from UBP2010; so nice to meet you. Your children are precious!

    Had to visit when I saw the name of your blog. Our family so enjoys the Wemmick books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello!! It's fantastic to meet you! I love your blog...and stories. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for stopping by my blog from UBP! I love your blog. We are very different but I like your posts. I'm intrigued by your stories of running. I was a runner once. I toy with the idea of getting back into it but so far I've been too lazy. Maybe you'll inspire me to "Just do it!"

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi!
    Ok, here are some of the things we have in common! :writer, conservative, organizer, loves watching birds, married to wonderful Christian men (well, each of us is married to one:) I hope you'll come over and visit me at Faith's Firm Foundation soon! I love to meet new people, and encourage other women in their faith, and as moms and wives!
    Blessings,
    Wendy
    www.faithfultojesus.blogspot.com
    Oh, and did I say I was visiting from the UBP?

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE remember:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21
Take a moment and share some "life". :)