Monday, April 19, 2010

Getting to know ME! {Chapter 2}


1. Mens chests..hairy or hairless?
What kind of a question is this?!?! ;)  What woman in her right mind would want a man hairier than they already come?!

2. How often do you run red lights?
Very rarely.  And when I do, it's at an intersection with an uncharacteristically long red light I had been sitting at for awhile.  Now caution lights (yellow) are a different story!

3. If you could raid any celebrity's closet..whose would you raid?
I don't watch tv nor follow news of any sort via the internet.  I'll catch bits of news-related conversation between the mom's at Miss Gracie's dance school, or scan a tabloid while waiting to check-out at the grocery store.  Got disgusted years back with the media.  90% of what they report is the B-A-D news.  Mayhap that's why the mental health industry is still booming: B-A-D news can be quite discouraging and depressing.  In my opinion, the media should be required to report one good, heart-warming piece for every negative.  Don't mistake this intentional "blind-eye" as idiocy or irresponsibility.  I don't live with my "head in the clouds".   Sugar is an avid Foxnews'er and keeps me up to speed on a need-to-know-basis.  I call him my "filter".  So to answer the question (I know, finally!), I really don't have anyone with whom I pattern myself after in Hollywood. 

4. Would you rather have more followers/friends on Facebook, Twitter, or your Blog?
I don't "Twitter".  Although Facebook and I had a very close relationship for about 4 months once I joined, I pretty much just use it as a tool now for inviting guests to a party, prayer requests, etc.  As for my blog...I LOVE it!  And I LOVE "followers".  I consider them new acquaintances with great potential to turn into "friends" and embrace them as such.  However, I can see how easy one could slip into writing "to/for the audience".  The appeal to build one's "fan base" is strong.  Am keeping it in perspective by focusing on my intent: journaling as an outlet and for posterity.

5. What makes you feel sexy?
My husband.
The first hour after a good "run".

6. I get excited when...........?
seeing the Lord work in ours and our loved one's lives.
my children reach a milestone.
any of us set and reach a goal.
hard work pays off.
a good read.
a great deal. 

7. Are you the "outdoorsy" type or more "indoorsy"?
Am also known as Mrs. Grizzly Adams.
For further explanation see my post, Meet Mommy Wemmick.

8. Would you rather have your dream home or a million dollars?
A million dollars.
My dream home wouldn't cost a million dollars and I could pocket the balance...maybe buy some furnishings to decorate it with.
Was going to say "dream home"; have something outlandish built (like in the 10 million dollar range), then sell it and end up coming out further ahead then if I had taken the "million".  HOWEVER, am afraid I'd get in that $10 million+ home and change my mind!  Then I'd be in a real pickle trying to pay Obama's taxes on it!!!


To join in the fun of 
hop on over to Mann Land 5

3 comments:

  1. Here from Getting to Know you and my blog! Thanks for stopping by! It's always great to find others who love the Lord! And I love that your into bees - they scare me up close but I think they are so cute far away! I love the Wemmick story - very cute theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute...
    1.) I'm with you...Huuu???
    2.) I run them every chance I get :)
    3.) uuuu...hummm not up on my celebs..
    4.) I forget about twitter...afraid to have to many followers on the blog...I try very hard to go the blogs that follow me...some days/weeks I just can't keep up...(( I have found followers get mad when you don't go to them often enough and then drop you.)) It's a bummer but what are you going to do. Sooo I'm not worried about that one...but I am always thrilled when they come ~ Facebook not on it yet...I am setting up an account ...My kids want to be on facebook ~ I will require followers in them. That will be enough to make me happy.
    5.) FUDGE!!!!
    6.) FUDGE!!!!
    7.) FUDGE!!!!
    8.) FUDGE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I love #'s 6 and 7. :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE remember:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21
Take a moment and share some "life". :)