Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Black & White Wednesday: Oliver Twist




As a young girl, "Oliver Twist" was one of my favorite stories.  Second only to Laura Ingalls Wilder's "Little House on the Prairie" series that is.  Looking back, I realize the appeal lied in the fact that I could identify with the protagonists on a very personal level.  My childhood, including a parental abduction to Alaska, are mirror reflections from pieces of both of these stories.  Strangely enough, I read these books prior to being whisked away by my father to the Alaskan wilderness.  Hmmmmm......  Hadn't made that connection before.  Quite a bit of irony there.  Anyhow, have a memoir about this experience, partially complete, with a well-known publisher interested.  Perhaps one day I'll finish it......

As usual, and characteristic of my "yip-yappee" nature, I digress. :)

Featured above, in my biased opinion, is an outright adorable nostalgic heartwarming pic of mySamuelson.  A friend from our church snapped it 3 years ago as we walked through the door for Easter service.  Am so thankful this friend got a shot, for at the time Miss Gracie was but 1 and just walking; The challenge of juggling 2 active children had recently hit!  Needless to say, the camera was accidentally forgotten back at the house that morning!

*For more sweet pictures, hop over to Lisa's The Long Road to China.

8 comments:

  1. I love it!! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great picture!

    I can't imagine the story you must have about your Alskan adventure (dare I call it that?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable picture! I've just reached that juggling-two-active-children stage. It's a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! what a sweet picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great picture of your Samuelson! As for the book my friend...finish it and I'll be first in line for your autograph!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be very interested in reading your book! What a cool picture, you can't look at this picture and tell when it was taken. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Write the book....We are all waiting.

    The picture, perfect for Oliver Twist and Sam. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOSH..... I love this photo......So timeless and classic!! He is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE remember:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21
Take a moment and share some "life". :)