Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Acceptance Speech


Awards?
Again??
No to mention so soon after the other two???
Am practically speechless.
O.k....
"speechlessness" over.
That wiley ole' tongue of mine has never been good at hide-n-seek!
Having a hard time grasping that there are people out there who enjoy my blogging/writing to such a degree as to bestow such notable awards on it.
Once again, am truly humbled and most appreciative.



*Webster's definition.*  
Versatile
Date: 1605

*Cleo's definition*
Versatile 
"Wearing many hats."

Thank you, laughing Sarah, strong and kind, for a label that does me justice. ;)


In keeping with the rules of the award, below are seven little-known personal facts...

1)  I nurture a passion for muscle cars.  No way could we presently afford Eleanor (see Nicholas Cage's "Gone In 60 Seconds").  Private christian school tuition takes a CHUNK out of our income.  Sooooo, about 20 years from now, when you hear a super-charged revving engine at a stop light, and you turn and see a middle-aged woman with an impish grin and a "Let's do this!" countenance..that's me!!!!

2)  Dirty microwaves (the inside of them) make me cringe.

3)  A sophomore in college, I played a game of darts one night at a pub with Green Bay Packer's famous quarter back,  Bret Favre.  Both him and his agent were "checking out" our wide receiver, Randy Moss.  Pretty understandable, given that encounter, to think I'd be a #1 fan.  Sorry to disappoint, but "NO WAY!"  While I can appreciate, and even admire that throwing arm (yes...he won the dart game...any doubt?) that took him and his team to the Super Bowl twice, his character left a bit to be desired. 

4)  Same year in college, went to the Kentucky Derby with a then "potential boyfriend".  A party, like few others, in the infield where we spent the day shocked the daylights out of us both! 

5)  My PMS is so bad the medical profession even has a name for it: Pre-Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder.  Take the average woman's PMS and multiply it by 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 and you've got me about five days out of the month.  Funny thing, when I was pregnant it vanished!  Yes, Sugar has, albeit briefly, considered keeping me in that state because of this! (insert a don't-think-so-chuckle here!)  Am getting a better handle on it...BY THE GRACE OF GOD!

6)  Webster & his cousin, Thesaurus, are two of my FAVE books.  SERIOUSLY.

7)  Have walked that old Roman Road to the foot of Calvary where my Savior died for me.  I stand on the promise of John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  I rejoice in the assurance that He rose 3 days after burial in a tomb and LIVES! (John 20:18)  One day soon He will return for me! (Revelation 1:3)  HALLELUJAH!!!

Tippin' my many hats to...
Rachel @ Yarn Over
jayaycee blog
___________________________________________________________________________________



*Webster's definition.*
Sunshine
Date: 13th century
1 a : the sun's light or direct rays b : the warmth and light given by the sun's rays c : a spot or surface on which the sun's light shines
2 : something (as a person, condition, or influence) that radiates warmth, cheer, or happiness

*Cleo's definition*
Sunshine
"God's light."

Thank you, sweet Lori, my sister-in-Christ, for allowing our God to work through you in encouraging me with so beautiful an award.


The following are five rays of sunshine in my life...

1)  Christ in my heart.

2)  Sharing the best and worst life has to offer with my best friend: a man I am so proud to call my husband.

3)  The honor of full-time parenting my three most-undeserving, beautiful blessings: mySamuelsonMad & Punk.

4)  Home.  Not a house, but our home.  A "house" is a building that serves as living quarters.  A home, on the other hand, is a haven.  A place to retreat when the world has turned a cold shoulder to you: with the knowledge that love awaits you there.  A place where laughter, spilled milk, bubble baths, tears, hugs, bad hair days and everything in-between abounds within the family who dwells there.  A "home" is a "house" with life.  

5)  The few hobbies/interests I can squeeze in: gardening, writing, running, couponing and reading.  

Passing the Sunshine on to...
Jennifer @ The Pages' Page 
 
 Stop in for a visit with these ten wonderful, award-winning women.
Can promise you'll be forever "changed"!
I am!!!


Fine Print
Attention Honorees of awards:
To accept...
...upload the award image somewhere within your blog (in a post, on a sidebar, etc.)
...list seven personal little-known facts about yourself for the "Versatile" award. 
...list five things (i.e. people, places, etc.) that bring you sunshine for the "Sunshine" award.
...pass the award on to five other bloggers.
...let the nominees know they have recived the award by commenting on their blog.
...share the love and link the person who gave you the award.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for my very first blog award! Now I will try to follow the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized that I came over earlier, but didn't comment...duh!

    Thank you, my friend. What a sweet little award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the award -- that is so sweet! Loved your 7 facts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your awards hun, you defiantly deserve them. And thanks for thinking of me and my lil 'ol blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this award and thinking of me. I especially like # 7. Will try to post on this soon : ) hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolute best acceptance speech I've ever read!! Wonderful! (Although the part about Favre broke my heart - I've always like him.)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE remember:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21
Take a moment and share some "life". :)