Once again, it's time for Mrs. 4444's "Half-Past Kissin' Time... Time To Kiss Again..."
This ingenious meme Mrs. 4444 created presents the perfect opportunity to recount and memorialize the many "going-on's" during the course of our week that just aren't blog-worthy for one reason or another (e.g. too short, etc.).
Click on her button above to link-up and play. :)
* Was awarded 2, yes, you read me right...2 blog awards this week!!!!! And from two wonderful women, Julie at the peanut gallery ...exit here & Misty at Miss Fit, for whom I'm grateful for the beautiful brushstroke they've already left on my life. A post about the awards coming soon.
* Had my best coupon'ing experience yet: $22.00 for $130.00 worth of groceries!!! Guess it left an indelible mark on the lady behind me as well, for she stopped me in the parking lot to remark on my savings and inquire into my method! Am toying with the idea of having a "Coupon'ing Class" for a handful of friends who want to learn the coupon'ing ropes. It's become second-nature to the degree that, after doing it weekly for 6 months, it's hard to fathom that there are still a great many people out there that haven't embraced it like we have.
* Pollen is downright H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E this year! We're all suffering. mySamuelson has sported a runny nose for so long it's red, raw and bloody. Miss Gracie has the "sneezes". Punk has a stuffy, perpetually snot-caked nose. To quote Sugar, "I feel like I have a cold." As for moi, suffice it to say that the dry throat/tickle/cough has left me literally GAGGING, seemingly in all places public!
* Sugar and I created, and with the help of mySamuelson, presented a Honeybee exhibit ( with a hive and accompanying tools from our Apiary) to all four Kindergarten classes at mySamuelson's christian school. Surely the highlight of his school year! Post to
* Miss Gracie was given her Dance Recital Costume at the conclusion of her weekly dance class (Mondays). We (SAHM's) were allowed, for the first time, to watch the girl's practice their dance routine. Oh me, oh my... She really redefines "Princess-in-training"... "Princess-wannabe". And here she's stuck with a partial tomboy for a mother. Poor kid. Her only other regular female role models are her cat, Ariel, and my "grouchy old woman dog", Sausage. Looking for her to start scooting her butt along the carpet or clawing the furniture any day now!
* Hostessing a "Lia Sophia Party" tomorrow night. After this, am laying off the partying for a bit. This social butterfly needs to recoup, re-energize, retreat! Can feel the "cocooning" coming on!
* Enjoyed a long overdue date with mySamuelson. Went out for pizza , then to see "How To Train A Dragon". 4 stars, by the way! A good friend told me some years back that as her boys aged (both in their teens now), relating to them became more difficult. Am thinking it can be attributed to the distinct differences in the sexes becoming more pronounced. Males tend to enjoy "snakes and snails and puppy dog tails"; While females cater to "sugar and spice and all that's nice". In spite of this, I will always make a concerted effort to find common ground for him and I to meet on. Even if this requires I learn to do some of what he enjoys to "connect", such as soccer or paper airplanes, he's my-Samuel-son...my only son...the child who promoted me to "Mommyhood"...and he's worth any and every attempt!
* Personal Highlight of My Week: Planted our yearly garden. For details and pics, read my recent post: Family Plant Day.