Whip up a batch and see what the hoopla is all about!
Chewy Coconut-Macadamia Nut Cookies
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and eggs until well blended. On low speed, beat in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until well blended. Stir in oats, coconut and nuts.
- 2 On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- 3 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.