Sunday, December 8, 2013

12 Days of Cookies "Banana & Coconut Cookies" Day 8

One of the aspects of the "12 Days of Cookies" I'm enjoying the most is the opportunity to try a wide variety, and styles, of cookies.
From snaps to drops, and combos like today's pairing of banana and coconut, my taste buds are riding high!

 
 {Note: These cookies are wheat-free and have no added sugar, getting their incredible sweetness naturally from the bananas and dates.}
 
Banana & Coconut Cookies
 
Ingredients  
3 ripe bananas
1 C (5 oz.) pitted dates (with being quite sticky and elastic, I used my Ninja blender to dice them)
1 1/2 C rolled oats
1/2 C flaked coconut
1/3 C canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
 
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
 
Mash the bananas and chop the dates fine.  Mix all ingredients in a bowl together and put to one side for 15 minutes.
 
Drop teaspoonfuls onto a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
 
Store in an airtight container and eat within 24 hours, or refrigerate up to 3 days.

2 comments:

  1. Your skills with words are in good form, Cleo! Keep writing. I sure need to do the same. And you're killing me with "visions of sugarplums" or cookies, or goodies, dancing through my head, but I love seeing you doing things that make you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about these. . . maybe if you through out the bananas and the pitted dates - then replace them with chocolate chips. Did we like them???

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE remember:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21
Take a moment and share some "life". :)