Thursday, December 5, 2013

12 Days of Cookies "Two Hundred Fifty Dollar Cookie Recipe" Day 4

Neiman Marcus
 Two words synonymous with posh, extravagant and rich if there ever were two!
$1M watches.
$250,000 Private Dinner for 10
(Click here for 9 of their most lavish, impractical gifts for 2013.) 
 
Definitely fare for the wealthy!
 
Until now that is.
 Thanks to my Great Aunt Anna Mary, us commoners are now privy to one of their recipes!!!
And it cost someone $250!
Yep, you read me write! ;)
250 buckaroos for a cookie recipe!!!
No, my Great Aunt isn't wealthy, in worldly terms that is.
She was given the recipe from a friend, whom I believe obtained it from a friend, who procured it from a friend...
Somewhere back there is either a person with a large bank account, or someone desperate for a new cookie recipe!
I just couldn't let this one pass by.
My curiosity got the better of me,
 "WHAT in the world does a two hundred and fifty dollar cookie taste like??"
 
I'm not telling.
:)
 
Make a batch and judge for yourself.
;)
 
(Note: For those not aware, the darker a stone gets, the more non-stick it becomes.  Have had this one for 8 years now and can attest to the truth in that statement.  It's not pleasing to the eye, for sure, but the stomach finds the fruit of its labor quite appetizing!)
 
 
Two Hundred Fifty Dollar Cookie Recipe 
(As you can see, the recipe makes a large batch- yielding a supposed 112 cookies!  I cut it into a third and came out with 3 1/2 dozen.  I listed my adjustments in parentheses, off to the side of each ingredient.  Measuring was a bit of a challenge, especially the 1.3 eggs.  In that case, I used one egg and a few teaspoons of the egg white of another.  It also helps to have a kitchen scale that weighs in ounces.  Mine was my saving grace for the Hershey Bar and chocolate chips.)
 
Ingredients
5 C blended oatmeal (1.6)
2 C butter (.6)
2 C sugar (.6)
2 C brown sugar (.6)
4 eggs (1.3)
2 tsp vanilla (.6)
2 C flour (.6)
1 tsp salt (.3)
2 tsp baking powder (.6)
2 tsp baking powder (.6)
24 oz chocolate chips (8)
18 oz Hershey Bar (grated) (.6)
3 C chopped nuts (your choice) (1)
 
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder.
Cream butter and both sugars.  Add in eggs and vanilla, mix well.  Mix together flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and add to the wet mixture.  Blend well.  Stir in chocolate chips, Hershey Bar and nuts.  Roll into balls (I made 1 1/2 inch balls) and place two inches apart on a cookies sheet.  bake for 13 1/2 minutes.  Cool on a wire rack.


3 comments:

  1. Thank God for Aunt Anna Mary. . . what did we ever do without her??? I gotta say these Two Hundred Fifty Dollar Cookies are worth every penny. I love Cookie days of Christmas. . . I think I'm getting fat by the way and we are only on day 4 :( this will not make me happy!!!! I need to buy new running shoes and get out there!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like!! And you're not the only one packing in a few lbs from this endeavor!!! You know how the old saying goes about the chef picking at his creations... And although I'm still running, am in off-season and have cut my mileage back. Not one of my brainiest ideas for its HORRIBLE timing!! You might have to move from next door to stop the onslaught. ;). Than again, with beings bestie, I'd find you. :)

      Delete
  2. I can help you out with those extra cookies, Cleo! Just mail a batch over here to old Unk. I'd make the sacrifice . . . .

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE remember:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21
Take a moment and share some "life". :)