Tuesday, December 23, 2014

12 Days of Cookies "Peanut Butter Cookies" Day 6

 
 
Ummm, it's looking like the "12 Days of Cookies" is turning into something like the "20 Days..."
 
What can I say?
 
"Life" is full.
 
:)
 
Though I made these last year on "Day 5", it wasn't a recipe from the greatest cookbook in the world...
 
My Great Aunt Anna Mary (nickname: "GA") compiled this cookbook that she gifted me when Sugar and I flew out West a few years back to meet her and Great Uncle Bob, run the Phoenix Half Marathon, and tour the Grand Canyon for his traditional birthday trip.  She's a gem and I love her dearly. 
 
It's my "go to" for just about everything.  GA's mastery of the English language and writing skills shines through this marvelous work.
 
Did I mention these cookies were outstanding??  Been a long time since I ate a cookie made with Crisco.
 
Peanut Butter Cookies
 
Ingredients
3/4 C shortening
1 C white sugar
1C light brown sugar
1 C peanut butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
2 1/2 C flour
1/4 C water
 
Directions
Cream shortening with sugars.  Add peanut butter, mix well.  Add eggs, mix.  Mix together soda, salt, flour and add alternately with 1/4 cup water.  bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
 
*Yields 3 1/2 dozen.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE remember:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21
Take a moment and share some "life". :)